Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default File Listing Program from Inteenimator

...that will quickly generate a Notepad (or similaur) file with a complete list of all your Sims 2 Downloads! It was designed mostly for InTEEN users (like me) to see the exact order of how our downloads are loaded into the game (InTEEN needs to be first to work right) but it works soooo fast (7578 files in under 2 seconds) I thought it would be of interest to others.

It even breaks the list into sub-folders!

It's a fast way to gererate a file to attatch to a plea for help, for instance. It can also help you pin-point (cure? ) any "clashing mod" problems you may be having.

Here's the link if anyone is interested. (Yes, it's a free thing! )

http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1...topic.php?t=70

If you already know about this (or have another program you use that does the same thing) then just ignore me!

Last edited by Greg : 07-22-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Changed the message subject to be more informative.
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Um, doesn't NL create that file for you?
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

I have no idea how to get Nightlife to give you a text file of all the stuff you have installed in the order in which it loads, but I did try modlist.exe and hereby pronounce Officially Cool!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I have no idea how to get Nightlife to give you a text file of all the stuff you have installed in the order in which it loads, but I did try modlist.exe and hereby pronounce Officially Cool!
Yeah, same here: I have heard whispers about the supossed powers of Nightlife, but not a peep as to how to actually use them.

That's why I was so happy to find this program! (I've actually cleared up a couple recent mod "conflicts" just by adding an "x" to the start of some file names. Can't knock results like that! )
Old 07-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
Greg

Speaking of Inteenminator, it looks like the only difference between what it does and what Jenflower's WooHoo Teens v6.0 does is let teens get pregnant. Am I missing anything?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Um, go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs and open up the CustomContentObjects.txt file. Dunno if they're in load order or not, but I think they're all there...

My take on InTeen vs WooHoo Teens: If you have a hack that conflicts with either or both of them, you'll probably find a compatible version for InTeen, but not for WooHoo Teens.

Personally, I use ACR. Teens can woohoo with other teens only, no pregnancy.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #7
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Speaking of Inteenminator, it looks like the only difference between what it does and what Jenflower's WooHoo Teens v6.0 does is let teens get pregnant. Am I missing anything?
For the most part, Inteenminator really just offers more control and enables teen pregnancy. It also enables birth control and fertility treatment for all sims. These days I mainly only use it for the birth control and to enable old-teen/just-turned-adult interactions, you know, 18 year old with 22 year old sort of thing.

WooHoo Teens along with Autonomous Casual Romance does most of the rest. ACR has a morning after pill, the sim actually visits a sink and drinks a glass of water too.

MikeD
mikedelaney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #8
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

InTEEN also allows pregnancy & residential families options for Young Adults (again, the reason I installed it in the first place) which adds a whole new dimension to the whole "College Age" thing. It always felt to me like it was just a race to get through those years as fast as possible. With InTEEN, I am actually enjoying playing College towns! (It's a "me" thing! )

Also (not that anyone here really cares) Jase (InTEEN's designer) is finishing up beta testing on a couple more InTEEN options ("Flavor Packs" as he calls them) that allow for a chance of pregnacy for female runaway teens (father is determined by an elabrate set of variables, but if she has a "signifiact other" he's automatically chosen) aswell as couples who leave for a Honeymoon. (Well, the latter one sounded interesting to me! )

Getting back to the subject of Nightlife, I'll have to check out that file. What I liked about the program I posted the link to is that I know it's listing those files in "load order", which saved my bacon & quite possible my hoods! Plus it's free & super-uber fast...so what does it hurt?

Last edited by Greg : 05-25-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
Greg

Well, whaddyaknow! That CustomContentObjects.txt is pretty neat, too. It looks like its greatest value is that it starts with a list of all the hacked objects. It also tells you the name of the object and internal information.

The modlist.txt file, has other value features
  1. gives you a tabular listing
  2. is sorted by folder
  3. tells you the file size and mod date
  4. does not contain extraneous clutter
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
Greg

I really like the idea of college towns being playable! I don't want to have to invest a lot of time learning to use a whole new set of hacks but this one just might be worth the trouble.

But first, I'll have to audit my list of hacks and mods to find out which ones are not compatible with Inteenminator. I know that there are a lot of them, so that could be a show-stopper.

Rose, fwiw, the only mod I've ever found that is not compatible with Teen Woohoo 6 is the Inteenminator.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Oh wow! That does sound cool!!! Are you planning on offering it for download when your are finished? (Hope, hope, hope... )

As for Greg & your (justified) concerns about hack compatabitliy, there is a thread on the InTeenimater site with all the known "BFBVFS" offenders (when it comes to using InTEEN, anyway) that it extremely helpful. The biggest thing to remember about InTEEN (which is spelled out over & over in the terrific user manual included with it) is that it HAS to "load fist" when compared to your other downloads! (That's why I found that program I linked to so helpful! )

***edited to add***

On a totally un-related P.S. to Miros1, I know you have several of the Artistic Habbitats downloads & was wondering if the catalog tumbnail pics for the Victorian Wall light are invisible for you too. (The object's fine, just a blanck catalog pic! )

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-14-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep. And while I write it, I'm actually learning useful job skills, like reading XML via Java and XSLT!

I just deleted my thumbnails, so I'll look this afternoon and see if Grandma's wall light has the correct thumbnail (after waiting ages for the darn thumbnail file to regenerate).
Old 07-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #13
Greg

I snooped around the InTeen site, and I think I found the mother lode of InTeen conflicts.

As best I can tell, if you install Inteenminator in place of Teen Woohoo 6, you don't really lose anything.

So... I thought I'd give it a try. At the moment, I've installed all 6 basic Inteenimator files and now I'm running Paladin's Hack Conflict Detector Utility to see what happens. Once I've cleaned up that mess I'll see what kind of mess I can make in my game.

It looks like I'll also need to install a Flavor Pack to have adults remain on campus.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #14
Greg

So far, I haven't found very many other hacks that aren't compatible. I have a couple of Squinge hacks that the Inteen list says aren't 100% compatible because they override Inteen, but notes about them in Squinge's forums say that they aren't a problem.

The proof is in the playing so I might as well try it now!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:29 PM   #15
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Be careful with InTeen and make sure to pay attention to the flavor paks you want. I almost lost my first Legacy heir to a miscarriage once. I installed the "No Miscarriages" pack...figured if I wanted a miscarriage for story purposes or something I'd just force one.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #16
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Just as an FYI according to Squinge at http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=43477 he will no longer be updating his mods to make them compatible with Inteenimator.

Now given the choice between loosing Inteenimator or loosing Squinges stuff......

Hmm

MikeD
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #17
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Well, I only had 2 of Squinge's hacks in -- breast feeding and pregnancy wear any outfit, but I just sorted through my folder of still zipped stuff and I have a total of 11 now.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #18
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Someone really needs to make a nice collection of maternity clothes, the Maxis stuff is really bad. Contrary to what Maxis may think, irl, I've seen maternity wear that could actually be described as trendy.

Does the "pregnancy wear any outfit" hack make the clothes fit the pregnant sim, or the pregnant sim fit the clothes?

MikeD

Last edited by mikedelaney16 : 07-14-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Question
Old 07-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #19
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Both and neither. The Sim can literally wear any outfit. Whether or not the bump shows is up to the original mesher. Sadly, my favorite pair of Maxis jeans doesn't, so my poor pregger Sims end up with cantalever bellies over skinny pants!

BTW, TheMysticalOne made some enhancements to Warlokk's meshes so that more of them will show the bump.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:45 AM   #20
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

On the InTEEN site there is a section called "Jordie's Chop Shop" where some of the more popular mods (like squinge's Pregnant Sims Wear Anything) have been "InTeened", so they will work with InTEEN. (Some of them need to be in the same folder as InTEEN & some don't, but the directions are always spelled out clearly. )

As for replacement for the...interesting default maternity wear, there are actually quite a few nice sets (default & "hack enabled" ) over at MTS2. Here's a link:

http://www.modthesims2.com/quicksear...?tag=maternity

I'm thinking of installing the Sundress Replacements (second file down) since I'm getting real tired of the same old outfits.

(Miros1- is deleting tumbnails okay to do? If so, what is the reason for it? )