Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 03:49 AM   #21
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I had a bunch of orphan textures, which I found the meshes for, and I needed to delete the CAS thumbnails to force the game to regenerate the thumbnails for the previous orphans. Warlokk told someone else to do it, so I assume it's safe.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #22
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylyn View Post
Be careful with InTeen and make sure to pay attention to the flavor paks you want. I almost lost my first Legacy heir to a miscarriage once. I installed the "No Miscarriages" pack...figured if I wanted a miscarriage for story purposes or something I'd just force one.
Holy cow! Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea that InTeen had code for miscarriages.

And... it's good to hear from you, Kaylyn!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #23
Greg

Neat! http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1...39;s Chop Shop doesn't have much that I'd be interested in but he does have an InTeen version of Squinge's Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outfit!

Added: And Squinge already made an InTeen version of Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outfit for EP3.

On my first run I tried teen pregnancy. The teen had the option to Try For Baby but it didn't work--the selection just disappeared from her queue. Her partner had that option, too, but when I tried it with him, the two sims just stopped moving.

However, I was able to use the Insimenator's Reproductive Adjuster to make her pregnant by him, so at least I know that InTeen is partially working.

I definitely need to do something about maternity clothes. The only time she had her pregnant belly was the two scenes where she entered another trimester. Otherwise she had her normal figure in any outfit.

She couldn't go to school while she was pregnant. Now that the babies have been born, I have a problem that even though they hired a nanny, someone in the household insists on staying home from school or work to take care of the twins.

Last edited by Greg : 07-15-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #24
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Yeah, I find several of the "optional" Flavor Packs (designed to change some of InTEEN's defaults) to be not-so-optianal, at least in my game! Currently, the Flavor packs you can choose from are:

Back To School = Pregnant Teens will go to school like normal. InTeens default is that they stay home.

College Admision = Adds the requirement that a Teen must have a C+ or better grade average & have graduated High School before being able to attent College. "Graduation" from high School happens at 18 (8 or fewer days left in Teen age stage) at which time a Teen not longer attends school & can also get jobs on the Adult carreer tracks. The "18" age thing is an InTeen default, unless you over-ride it with Flavor packs!

No Adult Teens = Overrides the whole "18" thing & re-sets the normal Maxis behaivor (as far as school & jobs) for your Teens. Not for use with the College Admistion pack!

No Age Of Consent = Again, an override for the "18" thing, this time aimed at the options to Move Out, Get Engaged, Get Married, Try For Baby & Find Own Place options. By default, only Teens that are flagged as "18" can do any of these things without this pack.

No Commited Relashonships = Disables the InTeen default of "mutliple Commited Relationships" & "Adult Commited Relationships". By InTeen default, a Sim (Teen or older) can now Go Steady (Purpose...Commited Relationship if older than Teen) with more than one Sim at the same time. Steady/Commited staus must come before an Engagment, & once Engaged all other "Steady" ties (and options) are istantly ended.

No Fail Birth Control = Makes the Birth Control option (via the Biological Clock) into a "no fail" kind. Otherwise it has a 2% risk of resulting in an oopsie! Birth Control? Why bother? It may inteest you to know that InTeen enables a chance for pregnancy during "normal" WooHoo! The percentages are listed in the InTeen manual. They aren't toooooo high, but still, you might want to be careful! (Enabling Birth Control disables the Try For Baby menu. )

No Miscarriage = Like it souds; without this a Sim will lose a pregnancy (complete with depression moods & a memory of the event) if their needs get too low. You can still trigger a miscarriage (& the memory, etc) manually via the Biological Clock, even with this pack installed.

Residential Graduates = Allows for actual functioning families on Residential (not Dorm or Greek) College lots! Sims are no longer forceably evicted to the Sim Bin after graduation (if on a Residential lot) & can get jobs, raise kids, etc. (They still become Adults, they just stay on the lot. ) Note: pregnancy, births & kids can happen on all College Town lots (Dorm, Greek or Residential) even without this pack, but once a Sim graduates they (& any offspring) will move into the Sim Bin. This pack allows those on Residential lots to avoid eviction (even if they don't have kids) & set up a happy home...right in the middle of a party-hardy College Town! (The manual explains this better & in more detail. )

Same Sex Pregnancy = Enables Sims in "alternate relationships" to get biologically pregnant with their partner. InTeens default is- of coarse- that just females can have a baby & they need a male to do it.

Silent Pregnancy = Disables both the in-game "Chimes" & the "Try For Baby" menu option. Pregnancy can only happen during regular WooHoo & you won't know untill a Sim shows or gets morning sickness.

Just in case you were curious, currenlty I am using Silent Pregnancy, Residential Grads, No Miscarriage, No Age Of Concent & No Adult Teens. (I'm toying with the idea of allowing the C+/18 thing for College-bound Teens, but would first have to roll back everyones ages to more-than-8 days remaing to control things better. )

(Miros1 = I may give that a try! I can't see how it could hurt! Can I just wipe everything in the thumnails folder, or...? )
Old 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #25
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I figure it's gonna take its sweet time to regenerate the next time I send a Sim to buy clothes, so I'd only do it if absolutely necessary.

I'd also rename the files instead of deleting them, just in case.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #26
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
I figure it's gonna take its sweet time to regenerate the next time I send a Sim to buy clothes, so I'd only do it if absolutely necessary.

I'd also rename the files instead of deleting them, just in case.
Makes sense! (I think my clothes are okay, it's the Objects I'm wondering about. )

I can leave the "re-named" files right where they are, right?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #27
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep. I usually add .oops to the filename so the game won't try to read them.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #28
Greg

I think I figured out the nanny thing. If the nanny is not selectable, everybody will go to school or to work; but they don't recognize a selectable nanny as a nanny.

I've long thought that the way game handles child care could be vastly improved. It should be possible to have grandma come over to take care of the kids, or even drop off the kids at grandma's house during the day.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 AM   #29
shorty943
Banned

Ooh, Inteen scary.
I went with a clean install for Seasons to try out Inteen for that EP.
Inteen was the ONLY mod in the game, No other custom content at all in the game, and it managed to find a conflict with in itself and crash my clean game on startup.
Always used the InSiminator myself. Sim teens are more trouble than my own real teens were. Bah Humbug, mutter mutter.

From memory, even the base game, made up a .txt list of cutom content it wanted to disable. Inteen seems to need some very careful planning to get working right. The right load order, and then some hacks must be loaded after Inteen, and some will just plain crash it.
Nasty thing, now banned from my game.

Shorty.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:46 AM   #30
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty943 View Post
... it managed to find a conflict with in itself ...
Such typical behavior for a teenager!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:56 AM   #31
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I've long thought that the way game handles child care could be vastly improved. It should be possible to have grandma come over to take care of the kids, or even drop off the kids at grandma's house during the day.
In my quasi-Legacy hood, at least one household has a resident Grandma/Grandpa to help with the child care.

I think I've heard of a babysitter hack that does have grandma come over, but I have no idea where I heard of it or where to get it.

Something about InTeen scares me (other than the people on MATY calling it the Kitten Killer), so I use ACR instead. Teens can woohoo, and do it autonomously, but they can't get pregnant.

Shorty, that hack list was new as of NL.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #32
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

(Greg, could you post the instuctions for cleaning out memories with SimPE again? Obviously the old Hullabaloo link is no more, & I can't remember the process.)
Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #33
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
(Greg, could you post the instuctions for cleaning out memories with SimPE again? Obviously the old Hullabaloo link is no more, & I can't remember the process.)
Look here.

I updated it a bit, but the original version is still available here in the Hullabaloo.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #34
Greg

(If you're looking for all the discussion about my game-crashing sim births, go here. I split it all off into its own thread.)
Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 AM   #35
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Good plan! This thread was more hijacked than usual.