Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2007, 06:03 AM   #21
shorty943
Banned

Hmm, MATY.
You know I just have to go see what they are on about now, don't you.

Soon soon.

Edit.

MATY = JMP promo show?
Well, what more can you expect of some one who claims to be an "obstroperous jerk"?
I will admit to plundering the site for hacks, but that's about it.
Too much dismissive mouthing for me to want to actually chat.

Last edited by shorty943 : 08-12-2007 at 06:28 AM.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:31 AM   #22
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

If you're doing a study on the psychology of hate cults, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.

Now for the good news: I just posted a little tutorial about How To Fix Cheerleaders in the Help section.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #23
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
If you're doing a study on the psychology of hate cults, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.

Now for the good news: I just posted a little tutorial about How To Fix Cheerleaders in the Help section.
OOH. Gotta look.

Cheerleaders need some fixing at best.

Either that, or I just don't get it. The "Rah Rah" boys and the Ivy League stuff I mean.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #24
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I only go to MATY when I really need to rip someone beyond the limits of what's allowable here or on InSim. For some reason, no one messes with me there. Maybe they remember me long ago ripping someone a new one for implying that using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation was something to insult... of course, I used proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation to do so!

For your InSim/InTeen problem, what're the names of the folder they live in? You might need to add "z" to the beginning of the folder that's currently earlier in alphabetical order.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #25
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
I only go to MATY when I really need to rip someone beyond the limits of what's allowable here or on InSim. For some reason, no one messes with me there. Maybe they remember me long ago ripping someone a new one for implying that using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation was something to insult... of course, I used proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation to do so!

For your InSim/InTeen problem, what're the names of the folder they live in? You might need to add "z" to the beginning of the folder that's currently earlier in alphabetical order.
So your the one, J M Pesky, was alluding to in the FAQ I read.
Baby, you got under that skin.

Not joking. I read it tonight, in the site FAQ.
Waffleing on about how it is an INSULT to use bad grammar and syntax.

I'm still chuckleing about it, someone really rattle a cage in that hole.

On the Tech side?

I fixed my InSim\InTeen problem in my own inimitable fashion.
InTeen caused headspace problems, InTeen had to die.
No more problem.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #26
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty943 View Post
G-day Kaylyn, did I read right? You are a gear jammer?
I have a 600 HP Mack Superliner parked in my driveway right now. Sadly not mine.
My Landlord drives her. With both the "A" and "B" trailers hooked up, she measures 60 feet long and fully loaded weights 70 ton on the road, on cruise control she trundles at 63 MPH. I believe "YEE-HAR" is the correct term. Her name, Southern Comfort.
Just had a brand new turbo fitted, now runs 14 PSI boost. Doesn't baby crackle now.

See pretty picture.
Nice! I'm just a lowly company driver so my truck isn't mine. Wouldn't want to be an owner the way fuel prices, etc, are over here (you're an Aussie, correct?). I'm used to a Freightliner Century but right now I'm driving an International Pro Eagle (I think). Finally got off over-the-road and now am more or less regional dedicated. Much better home time and I love my dispatcher.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #27
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
So your the one, J M Pesky, was alluding to in the FAQ I read.
Baby, you got under that skin.

Not joking. I read it tonight, in the site FAQ.
Waffleing on about how it is an INSULT to use bad grammar and syntax.

I'm still chuckleing about it, someone really rattle a cage in that hole.
Nope, the incident I'm refering to was long, long ago, as in shortly after SimsHost opened, on an egroup.

In general, poor grammar, etc. will get you poked with sticks over there, so when I send someone, I tell them not to post, just snag the hacks.

I did gently slap JMP once. I was debugging GrowUp for Syberspunk and hit Submit to make sure my flaky browser wasn't going to lose my bug report on me. Although I put "partial post, will finish in a few minutes due to flaky Internet" at the bottom, JMP jumped in and said "Genius, don't do that!" So I ripped on him why I did want to do that and that this was a bug report that Ste (Syberspunk) had asked for (as well as finishing my original bug report).

Quote:
On the Tech side?

I fixed my InSim\InTeen problem in my own inimitable fashion.
InTeen caused headspace problems, InTeen had to die.
No more problem.
Lol, I've evaded the entire InSim/InTeen problem. I don't use either.

ACR lets my teens woohoo with each other (after they've both got the 8K in college scholarships, of course).

Other than a slick interface, I'm not seeing much in InSim that I can't do with SimPE or a bunch of other hacks, which I can remove one at a time if I don't like them. <flaps her Software Engineer business card at Greg>

Last edited by Miros1 : 08-12-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #28
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

(I've been "away" for a bit & am just comming up to speed on several threads here, so please excuse me if I'm a little "behind the times" so to speak...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty943
InSim and InTeen are big time incompatible because they do all the same things.
If they are incompatible then my computer (& HDCU) certainly don't know it; I use both extensively in my game with no ill effects that I can spy. (Alot of people are really freaked out about InTeen & I don't know why! Maybe they need to quit listening to the "info" on MATY & actually go to the InTeenimater site before freaking out?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
In other news: Oh... golly... my patience with links to the overdramatized misinformation spewing forth from MATY is growing very, very thin. I'm going to ask that everyone cease and desist from linking to that site or quoting misinformation from it, and hope to goodness we don't have to adopt a formal rule about it. If you simply cannot find the same useful information on a more reliable source, then please (a) thoroughly test the procedure first yourself and then (b) paraphrase the solution without linking to the site.
You won't get any arguments from me! (I think I have posted a link or two in the past though & can only say "Sorry!"...)

The sad thing about MATY is that- buried waaaaaayyyyyy underneath that drama, misinformation & genral evilness* that is prevelant- every so often there is an actually helpfull hack/mod or problem related thread posted there...I've just grown weary of having to put on my hip waders in order to find them!

*evil is a pretty strong word, but I really feel it fits in this case.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #29
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
...Other than a slick interface, I'm not seeing much in InSim that I can't do with SimPE or a bunch of other hacks, which I can remove one at a time if I don't like them. <flaps her Software Engineer business card at Greg>

Yup! I know lots of software engineers who love to do things the hard way!

On the other hand, there are others among us who are more interested in actually playing the game than playing with a pile of spaghetti code.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #30
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yeah, but by doing it the hard way, you also know how to fix related problems. If you rely on some slick little hack, you're stuck waiting for a new hack to solve some problem that crops up.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 AM   #31
shorty943
Banned

Lady M,
S'alright if you can code. I can't read or write code for crap. Forget it, no right brain or some stupid thing. So I have to rely on gincky little hacks to save my bacon.

And that ZW, is probably why I can find conflicts the author didn't even know could happen. AGAIN.
I honestly don't understand why it would not work. A complete un-install, right back to deleting the EA folder. Re-install every expansion pack, after the base of course, in order of release. Then, with only InTeen installed to it's own sub-folder in EA\Sims 2\Downloads.
The game crashed on load up. Got rid of it.

Many thanks to the coders of the world. I do however, run power stations.
At least I used to until I had to retire.
Want compute? Need lectrickery. See, it's symbiotic. People can't get on with out each others help. I like that thinking.

When it comes to poking with sticks, I am pretty good myself.
I kept getting emails from a site I found less than polite, so I flagged them as spammers. Nyah, nyah, nyah. Insult me will they?
One little red wagon fixed propper good.

Kaylyn, same here friend. When a second hand Kenny can run to over 1\4 million Aus dollars. That is a company owned truck and trailer set. That set up is known as a "B Double", then comes the "C" and the "D".
We run them up to quads "D", on the "outback" roads. 4 x 40 foot trailers in a row, we call them "Road Trains", and you get out of the way stupid car driver.
Each trailer swings further off line than the one in front of it. Give the rig driver room, or he\she can make all the room he\she needs with a small flick of the wheel.
Not a real lot of owner drivers here either. Those that are, usually sub-contract to the big boys, and haul trailers owned by the company.
Me? I owned a small (3) fleet of body trucks. Being a country boy, it was for the traditional work of "woodgetting". Provisioning of fuel for heating and cooking, the old fashioned way.
Driven other peoples, Volvo's, Atkinson's, Mack's, International's, British Bedford's, Ford's, and some with no name. Sort of the Bitsza look what i made thing, for special farm or other work.
My favourite?
A Marmon Herrington, British built, WW2 Ford V8 power, several gearboxes later there was a transfer case and nearly as many wheels as an 18 wheeler. Built for desert warfare, fantastic for desert farm work. Oh, now I miss it. It was not fast, but there was not a cliff it could not pull a Mack or Kenworth up. Big old side valve Ford V8 bellowing, dirt and rocks going every where from spinning multi axle drives, she was a fun truck.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #32
Greg

Hmmm...

The documentation about Inteenimator says it needs to be in the main Downloads folder, not in a subfolder. That might have been your problem, Shorty.

On the other hand, I'm going to try uninstalling Inteenimator and see if the problems I am encountering go away.

The most noisome problem is that characters modified with Christianlov's Skintone Selector and Danny's DMA toys don't stay modified when they are reloaded.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #33
shorty943
Banned

Hmmm, could be. Must have had the specatacles on the wrong eyes.
No great problem, I've used InSim since the Base Game, I just use a spare household room for hack objects.

Most of Christian's mods are as stable as a rock, but that skintone selector is wobbly as jelly. Strange about that.
Danny's DMA stuff I didn't bother reinstalling because a lot is sort of redundant in my game now. Actually, there would be probably half the hacks etc in my game I just don't use. And, the day I decide to have a cull. The sky will fall on chicken sims head.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #34
Greg

Quote:
...The sky will fall on chicken sims head.
And then the black-spotted dog will eat them.

I'm sure I have lots of redundant functions among the hacks I have installed but I still install The Trinity* in every house because I'm so used to using them. It's rather like having the cruise control on the Ford's steering where and then going to drive a Chevrolet where it's on the turn signal lever.

----------
*The Trinity is Merola's Mind Control Mirror flanked by Danny's two toys. With those three things, you can do about 95% of the nifty hacky stuff I do in my game!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #35
shorty943
Banned

No, white dog, with black spotted ears, is a good boy.

Not too many wild cats left in the area though. Which is a good thing, because we have a real feral cat problem here. We have some of the rarest and beautiful native creatures, and the feral cat (and foxes) do massive damage. We have been lucky with some, the Bilby

http://images.google.com.au/images?q...mages&ct=title
http://home.iprimus.com.au/readman/bilby.htm

for instance was thought to be extinct until a man named,
Dr. John Wambsley found a couple and managed to get them breeding. That's the man who says the neighbours cats make great hats.
Google Earth Sanctuaries, or Warawong Sanctuary.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #36
Miros1
Goddess for Life

OOH, Bilbies are neat! Of course, most marsupials are neat. All we've got are stupid possums.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #37
shorty943
Banned

We have possums too. From the "Brush Tail" as big as a small\medium dog, the "Ring Tail" the size of a large cat, to the tiny "Sugar Glider" not much bigger than a mouse. The bigger possums have got some attitude, pretty much endemic all over, and the Sugar Glider is a rain forest dweller. All are vegetarian, eating fruits and nectars. Most are quite tasty. Oops did I say that? Must be the Hillbilly coming out again.

For the best info on our native critters,

http://www.austmus.gov.au/factsheets/

the Australian Museum web site fact sheet page. There's lots.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 AM   #38
Greg

Omigoodness. Your possums don't sound like our possums!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #39
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Quote:
We have possums too. From the "Brush Tail" as big as a small\medium dog, the "Ring Tail" the size of a large cat, to the tiny "Sugar Glider" not much bigger than a mouse. The bigger possums have got some attitude, pretty much endemic all over, and the Sugar Glider is a rain forest dweller. All are vegetarian, eating fruits and nectars. Most are quite tasty. Oops did I say that? Must be the Hillbilly coming out again.

For the best info on our native critters,

http://www.austmus.gov.au/factsheets/

the Australian Museum web site fact sheet page. There's lots.
Sugar gliders!!! My best friend used to have one as a pet. She had to give it back to the breeder when she took a job that would have made it very difficult to give it the care it requires. It was adorable, but it didn't like me much...always chattered at me whenever I got near it.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:01 AM   #40
Greg

Maybe it was the knife and fork you had in your hands.