Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2007, 03:00 AM   #21
shorty943
Banned

Yip yip yahoo.

SeaMonkey is a good program, if you want quirky, try a graphics application called Gimp. It is very good, the only graphics app I use, for everything.
And it's another free one. www.gimp.org

But, yeah, quirky is the way it works.

Best of luck with the BHAV's and stuff.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #22
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

If you can crack the code on that turn-ons and turn-offs thing, that would be really great! I daydream about being able to create characters who are attracted by sane things!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:26 AM   #23
shorty943
Banned

Oh boy you can make me chuckle sometimes.

EA\Maxis\Sane. You funny.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:06 AM   #24
FredsG
Banned

I'm certainly going to give it a try...i've solved a few other dilemmas the last few days, certainly nothing i would up-load to share with the masses...(like i'd know how anyway... ...)but it works for me just fine in-game, it irritates me to no end the bubble-minded attractions available for us who don't up-grade...so, i say, on to things more reasonable...like intelligence...
FredsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #25
Greg

What? You mean women don't think things like, "Hey, that guy is a total jerk, dumber than a stone, and hasn't taken a bath this year, but he has red hair and a beard so I want to have his baby"?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #26
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Well, stink is a turn off, which would count against the 2 turn ons...

And interests do somehow factor into the total "attraction score."
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:41 AM   #27
FredsG
Banned

I'm sure those women are available in different age groups...lol...unfortunately, most of our sons are going through the same mind-set...for some reason they grab the furthest and filthiest of the dredges, pop a kid and can't figure out why it didn't work...over and over and over again...My Sims are cool...They always have to do what i say!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #28
Greg

Ain't it the truth? I swear, if we had bought our kids at Wal-Mart, half the time we'd take 'em back!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #29
FredsG
Banned

Now I'm wondering if there isn't an easier way to do this, like maybe just eliminate the turn-ons(offs) altogether, as opposed to trying to change them...I've never found it an attractive addition to the base game...? would it screw up the game if I did that?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #30
Greg

I rather intensely dislike the turn-ons and turn-offs stuff they added to the game so I, for one, would rejoice if it were possible to just totally eliminate that "feature" from the software.

It would be nice if the game did not show lightning bolts and the characters stopped doing those obnoxious animations; nicer still if the game would just by default either ignore the fact that a character doesn't have turn-ons and turn-offs defined or give all characters the same ones by default. (For instance, in my game, all characters have the same turn-off: vampirism. It's closest I can come to turning off the turn-off feature since I don't have any vampires in my neighborhoods.)

At the very least, I'd no longer have to watch Neil and his great grandma Dallas slobbering all over each other! Sheesh! I even went out of my way to make sure that they both know that they are family members, and they still do all those socially inept things.

I can't help but wonder what those buffoons were thinking when they coded this mess. "Hey, let's make a simulation that's so revolting that people can't stand to play it and they'll be afraid to buy any more of our expansion packs!" Yeah, Maxoids, that's gotta be great for business!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #31
FredsG
Banned

I agree whole-heartedly with the stupidity level rising with each EP, which is why I am so stubbornly refusing to go to pets and beyond...just a suggestion for you, (if I say the wrong thing here just edit me, I'm still not sure about who the bad people are yet; ) There's a fellow called Vagrant, I believe he's on MTS2, he has a patch so that you can make everyone in the household think their related so there's no hanky-panky at all, aside from normal family interactions... just saw that recently if that helps...but the hearts, bolts, and constant flirty stuff is reallllly an unwelcome addition...well, off to read some more tutes...Seasons Greetings All!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #32
Greg

Neat! I gotta find that one! It could save me a lot of time spent editing characters in SimPE to make them family. On the other hand, if it's just people who live in the same household, that wouldn't help much because most of the problems I encounter are sims who live in different households.

To the best of my knowledge, MTS2 does not actively promote crime. They only promote MTS2!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 AM   #33
FredsG
Banned

Well, another thing you can do if you have the Insiminator, is go into electronics and get the Relationship Adjuster heart out, you can set the flags for each person that is in the house at the time even if they don't live there on a regular basis. I use that quite a bit and it works grand!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
Greg

Does the Insimenator have a way to identify people as relatives without making giving them a specific relationship like spouses or siblings or parents and children?

When folks are "family" in a social way but not blood relatives, I like to use SimPE to make them unspecified family members. That way close friends can have family interactions. For instance, in the households of the characters in the Tales of Happy Valley, close friends of all the kids tend to get sort-of adopted into the family (especially in Sheba's family).
Old 12-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #35
FredsG
Banned

If you have the Insimenator installed, go into Electronics and grab the plant, it alters the Family Tree, can't really tell if it will work for what you need or not, but it gives you some options to futz with, with a trial couple...also, Vagrant has a Closer Family Hack that allows every sim in game to Treat each other like family regardless of who they are or where they live...some people seemed to think that was perverted and gave him quite a time about it, but i use it in my game and nothing seems to be too warped about it...but now you just helped me to find a possible solution to the attraction problem, so...i'm off....
Old 12-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #36
Greg

I don't understand why people would think the sims' behavior was perverted. A lot of stuff is disabled for family members, but the only interaction I can think of that's enabled by being family is the Family Kiss.