Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
GreatDane
Rising Sun

Default A long update on me

Hi everyone

Its been quite awhile since I was able to get online so I wanted yall to catch up on how its been.

We've moved a couple of times since then. We moved into a place we thought could be our home for years and years but the owner turned out to be a phsyco LOL. Seriously tho he started threatening me and the kids...he always came around when he knew my hubby wouldnt be home. So we moved back to where we lived before. At least hes a resonable person.

My little baby boy isnt so little anymore. Hes 1 year old now and quite a ladies man LOL. Every one is so charmed by him..he has curly hair it looks kinda cute :-). Hes in day care now and he likes that a lot..I suppose he was bored being home with mom LOL. Hes so tender and loving..just a happy little boy. He isnt walking yet..well at least not without holding on to something.
Christina is just so big I cant believe it. Shes going to school next year. Shes quite fund of her little brother..she actually just love him LOL.
And......Im pregnant again. My due date is Feb 24th so the little one will be just 15 months when he becomes a big brother.

Now to the sad part of life. On Feb 28th my mom passed away. My dad talked to her at 3 AM cause she had coughed so he asked her if she wanted something to drink which she didnt. Then when dad woke up at 7 AM she was already gone. Naturally he dialed 911, they worked on her for 45 mins but couldnt revive her. I was at the hospital to see her in the chapel..she wasnt a pretty sight. Her face had turned all blue and black. They say its due to all the meds she had been taking for so long. Mom was only 57 years old.

Im at school these days. Im supposed to figure out what I want to do when my maternity leave is over. Right now I dont have much clue tho. Maybe I will need some education or maybe I just need to find a job when Im done LOL. My big brother asked if that was in 15 years LOL. I suppose he thinks its a little soon to have another baby.

Well that was just about it. I will be around for a little while and check out whats happening in the Sim world.

Lise
GreatDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Hey Lise! Nice to see you finally made it here! Sounds like mostly good news, except your mom. Sorry to hear that, 57 is really young.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
shorty943
Banned

Hello Lisa.

You've had a bit of a rough trot lately honey, here, have a big hug from a grumpy, but caring, old sailor.

Keep up with school Lisa, you'll find something you like, that is a bit of fun, and can give you the time the kids need. Just keep at it. You'll be alright.

Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNJf...eature=related

anything by this man is always a "feel good" sound to me.

Last edited by shorty943 : 11-24-2007 at 10:09 AM.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Hi Lise! Welcome back! It's good to know that you're still doing your part to improve the gene pool!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
Sita
Solar Max

Hello Lise. I am sorry about your mum too. <hugs> but it is good to see you again.
Sita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM   #6
GreatDane
Rising Sun

Hi Miros

Yea 57 is really really young. On the other hand mom had been sick more or less ever since I was born. So somehow I knew she wasnt going to get old but I had figured shed be around for at least another 10 years.

Lise
Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
GreatDane
Rising Sun

Shorty: thanks so much :-) means a lot to me

Greg: honestly :-). I just love kids LOL. Seriously tho Id like to have a couple more kids. I just love having life around me. The kids keep me active and sane LOL. I think without the kids and hubby I would have gone nuts when mom died..but they all, in their own ways, made life less hard to deal with. They just kept me going.

Sita: Thanks a lot :-)

Ill try to get around here every now and then but no promises. I still need to get a new computer..the old one is completly dead..it cant be fixed..actually it can be fixed its just too expensive seeing what computers costs these days.

Lise
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
Greg

I've noticed that, too. Nowadays with almost everything, it's cheaper to get a new one than to fix the old one.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
GreatDane
Rising Sun

Exactly Greg. We've figured out its the motherboard thats dead..and they arent all that expensive question is if something else is wrong too and I have no chance of finding that out unless I actually get a new motherboard.

We've talked about buying a laptop but we just dont have the money for it right now. Lots of things have went wrong this year. First of all we should never have moved out on the farm..the owner was a looney LOL. Second of all I actually crashed the car. I had an accident and the car flipped round..first on the left side then on the top then the right side and back on its wheels..do I need to say it was totalled? Oh yea the baby was with me in the car when I crashed. Nothing happend to him at all..quite amazing actually.

Lise
Old 11-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
Miros1
Goddess for Life

State of the art baby seats protect the baby in all kinds of weird accidents; that's what they're designed for!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 AM   #11
GreatDane
Rising Sun

Yea thank god for baby seats.
Funny thing is after the accident I saw a consumer program on TV about baby seats...and wouldnt ya know it the one we've got is supposed to be very unsafe LOL. I did however notice that the person testing the seat didnt strap it the right way in the seatbelt. Well that kinda makes a difference. If you dont strap it the way youre supposed to then naturally the baby seat isnt safe.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #12
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Exactly! Have to have it properly installed! Bet that show got lots of letters saying it wasn't a fair test.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #13
GreatDane
Rising Sun

I guess so. I never heard about it but Im sure they did.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #14
Greg

Golly, now that you mention it, cars and especially baby seats have become fantastically safer since I first started driving. I wonder if this is reflected in the accident statistics.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Did they have babyseats when you first started driving?

I suspect it's balanced out by worse drivers. No one on this board is a bad driver!

BTW, another friend was in a severe accident with her toddler in the car in a babyseat... The EMTs left the baby right in the seat for transport to the hospital! Not a mark on the baby physically, scared the poop out of her tho. Slowed down weaning, sleeping alone, etc. for months.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
Greg

Hey, I'm not that old! My little sister had a baby seat but it wasn't for safety. It raised the baby up so that mom could get to her, and it kept her corralled. I don't think real child safety seats came out until about 1975.

Amusement: long ago, somebody did a survey where 95% of the respondents said that they were better-than-average drivers.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #17
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I think my younger cousins had baby seats or harnesses for those same reasons!