Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Help Desk
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #21
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I never took it that far! I usually have Clean Installer put the lot segment into the Teleport folder and any meshes/recolors/wallpaper/etc that are actually needed in a subfolder of Downloads.

I think you can just toss the temp and import files into the Teleport file and the game will put them in the Lots folder where they belong.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #22
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

So that's what the Teleport folder is for!

(I never understood the purpose of that thing... )

-ZW
Old 05-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I think of it this way... that's where files go that the game has to work on a bit before they're ready to use. So I'd only put the "lot segment" and any inhabitants there -- because the game has to assign lot or sim numbers and put them in the LotBin or SimBin and all that nonsense.

A package file for a mesh or recolor or wall or floor is ready to play. So they go right into Downloads!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #24
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Okay. That actually makes sense!

Back to the "Replacement Townie" theme: since I am still actively playing Pleasantview (aka N001) I'm thinking I may run into problems if I leave that Character file empty, am I right? (Think BFBVFS. )

If so, am I ok to delete the N001 Character files just long enough to boot up the game & create some custum hoods then exiting & restoring said files before I go back to Pleasantview?

(If this whole "default Townie" thing works the way I think it does then it should be okay, but I want to be sure before I try it! )

-ZW
Old 05-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #25
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Shouldn't have any problems if you leave them out. When the game originally created Pleasantview, it copied in all those Townies in one fell swoop. Now, it only uses My Documents/.../N001 for its information, not the one in Program Files/etc.. If you patiently opened each User package in N001 under My Documents, you'd find Sandy and Goopy and all the others.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:24 AM   #26
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

So the N001 Character folder under Program Files is now just something of a "templet" for the initial Townies in new hoods now, eh? Interesting!

I'm assuming that SimPE is opening the folder(s) in the My Documents section when I use it to look at and/or edit the different Neighborhood Sims, right?

-ZW

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 05-19-2007 at 04:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 AM   #27
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Exactly!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #28
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Okay I know it's "bad form" to reply to old threads, but I hated to start a new one & since I was a major question-asker in this one before maybe I can be forgiven?

Cutting right to the chase, when you say that the G001 file contains "The Plansim Familys" from Seasons, do you mean the families-that-show-up-in-the-SimBin, or the "hidden" PlantSim genetic templete info? Or both?

I am putting the finishing tweaks on my "AAA Default Replacements" folder (to go in my Downloads) which has all of Natiles faces + some from MTS2 (for a complete set of replacement templets) aswell as new templets for the Pollination Tech & "PlantSim Guy" (so my Alien & PlanSim babies will grow up to be not vomit inducing) & don't want to delete something I may need...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #29
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Aw, I don't think it's bad form at all. If you have something to add to a topic I think it's better to wake up an old thread than to start a new one that gets disconnected from the information that has gone before.

I have another question that just came up while I was fooling around last night: If you deleteallcharacters do it delete all characters from all neighborhoods connected to the main one?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #30
Miros1
Goddess for Life

ZW: G001 is the Plantsim families. The game can create Plantsims just fine without it.

Greg: deleteallcharacters wipes out all characters in the hood. Playables, NPCs, Townies, Downtownies, Dormies, Strays, you name it, they gone. However, once you use it, you need to quit the game and look at the 'hood with SimPE and get rid of the SDNA, SREL, SCOR, etc. resources. Otherwise you get leftover relationships and other weird stuff when a new Sim with that resource number is created.

It's much better to clean up your game so that your 'hoods are nicely populated in the first place.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 AM   #31
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
d) Prevent the Pets families from appearing in the SimBin: Open up Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate. Zip up the P001 folder, then open it and delete its contents. There's also a G001 folder which contains the Plant People families from Seasons.
Why the entire contents and not just the contents of the Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\P001\Characte rs folder?

Quote:
Best looking bunch of Townies and Dormies I've ever had! Haven't checked out the Downtownies yet...
I'm just about to experiment with that, I think the Downtownies are generated from Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\D001\Cha racters

MikeD
mikedelaney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #32
Miros1
Goddess for Life

1) Because I want to get rid of the ugly Maxis houses too.
2) Yes, I think they are generated from templates.

Before I start really playing my Downtown in my current favorite hood, I'm gonna use Inge's bush to make some of the Sims from InSimAdult into Downtownies.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #33
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
1)Before I start really playing my Downtown in my current favorite hood, I'm gonna use Inge's bush to make some of the Sims from InSimAdult into Downtownies.
Now there's a thought !

MikeD
Old 07-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #34
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

If you do that, does it just dump them into the grand household of downtownies so that they haunt the local nightspots and stuff?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #35
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep. You just make a bunch of Sims and stuff them on a near empty lot with just one of Inge's "make me a downtownie" bushes. Then select each one and use the bush. Hm, that sounded kind of bad...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #36
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1
You just make a bunch of Sims and stuff them on a near empty lot with just one of Inge's "make me a downtownie" bushes. Then select each one and use the bush.
I hadn't thought of that! Sounds like a good way to "jump start" the DownTownie population in a "cleaned out" hood!

(On an off-topic note, Miros1: I remember in one of your posts that you said one of your in-game created Sims had been conceived as a result of ACR & WooHoo on the couch. I've never seen an option for couch WooHoo & was wondering if this was an ACR thing, hacked object, or...? )

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-17-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 AM   #37
Miros1
Goddess for Life

It's an ACR thing. Select a Sim, click on another one, Casual->WooHoo->Sofa. They get naked and do the Make Out animation, and it looks pretty real!

Silly question... does anyone know about how many Downtownies I should make so that the game doesn't decide to "help" and make more from its limited set of templates?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 AM   #38
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
It's an ACR thing. Select a Sim, click on another one, Casual->WooHoo->Sofa. They get naked and do the Make Out animation, and it looks pretty real!

Silly question... does anyone know about how many Downtownies I should make so that the game doesn't decide to "help" and make more from its limited set of templates?
Nightlife normally adds 78 characters. I assume NPCs are generated from elsewhere.

On the other matter, with ACR and some other stuff, I've had sims get pregnant in bed, on the sofa, in the car, in the hot tub, in the elevator, in the photo booth, and in Sux McNutty's Sinful Shower.

There is a WooHooEverywhere hack, but you have to pay for it so I can live without it.

MikeD

Last edited by mikedelaney16 : 07-17-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #39
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Um, all those except the sofa are possible without ACR. 2Jeffs wrote the sofa stuff himself. I have the shower, and a rug, and a chair...

78. Yeegads, I better get all those Sims from InSimAdult installed!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #40
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Yeegads, I better get all those Sims from InSimAdult installed!
I've been looking through there, as usual there is a serious male/female imbalance. Not even NYC has 90% female 10% male, but apparently the sim universe does.

I suggest download as many guys as you can, then slightly more than match that number with gals. But each to his or her own.

MikeD