Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Downloads from Sun Sims Members > Other Stuff
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Default Graviton Test Facility

Graviton Test Facility
Download attachment below.

Unfurnished to keep the file size down, but the really tricky bits are all done.
1.6 MB zip file. Unzip it and then double-click the .sims2pack file to install in your game. I cleaned this out with Clean installer. Most of the materials are from the original game but the download includes a few custom floor tiles and even a custom wall that you'll probaby overlook.

Graviton Test Facility
Chapter 1: The Facility

In the Bonnyview Shores topic, I mentioned the second strangest house I've ever built. That begs the question: So, what's the strangest?

This is it!

Floating three stories above its neutrino detection pool with its phased array radar constantly scanning the heavens, the Graviton Test Facility serves as both laboratory and living quarters for sims who need to feed their dual obsessions of learning how gravity works and coping with acute acrophilia.

The facility is held aloft by a patented technobabble generator powered by a geranium reactor using a gymnasium exciter core. Your sims can access it via the steps on the gantry, which was constructed on a shoestring budget from parts left over after NASA converted launch pad 39B from its Saturn V configuration to accommodate the Space Shuttle.

Steel bridge decking (custom floor that is included in the download) connects the access tower to the floating laboratory. The engineers had to add heavy control rooms made of reinforced concrete had to keep the facility from flying off on its own.
We lost so many laboratories that way!

The original facility, built in Strangetown by Miss Giselle Testbed, was lost in the bomb and Giselle has since moved on to Happy Valley where she settled down with her husband to raise a family. However, scientists in Bonnyview Shores have rebuilt it, bigger and better than ever!

The new facility has an added floor and floats even higher above the pool than the original. It is all ready for them to add interior partitions and staircases to suit their own desires, and move in.

I'll try to add some screen shots showing how I outfitted it as I go. If you install this in your game, I recommend putting the "Transporter" from DMA Sims in the house and leaving the Autogreet function turned on. That will avoid your residents having to run upstairs every time someone rings the doorbell.

Guests should discover the door at the top of the stairs as the front door to the house. When Giselle was living there, it turned out to be very playable and lots of fun!

Originally posted at the Hullabaloo on August 30, 2004. See that thread for a full tour of the facility. This laboratory appears in my stories, The Most Peculiar Community of Bonnyview Shores and the Tales of Happy Valley.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pslot_graviton_test_facility.zip (1.91 MB, 24 views)
Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Bucket Brigade
Rising Sun

Awesome, Greg! Thank you!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
Crystal
Addicted Anjafan

Bucky did you read about it on the Hullabaloo because there are stories about it and a tour too. Its hard to play this house though because it takes sims an hour of sim time just to walk down the stairs so you have to get them started before the work car gets there.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
Bucket Brigade
Rising Sun

I have now, Crystal! Thank you for pointing that out!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #5
Coco
Loving Life!

The tour on the Hullabaloo is neat. I saw this house again in one of the stories but I forgot which one.

Proud member of the Western Pennsylvania Chili & Literary Society
Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 AM   #6
Greg

It's in the Adventures of Nikki, of whom we have not seen the last!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
Crystal
Addicted Anjafan

Yay!! I want to see Nikki and her babies again.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
Greg

Hang in there! It could happen!