Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Help Desk
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #101
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I was refering to the repoduction happy Tour Guides & Shady guy- which is now fixed with the latest version of antiredundancy.

I've read a zillion (or so) posts from people saying that their hoods were freaking out 'cause of all the extra characters, & they had like 700 or so files, which seemed lowish to me.

The one thing I have never ever downloaded is a user made lot in any form.

(It's just the stupid Sims2Pack files that "grab" extra stuff & not the regular package files, right? )

BTW, looks like the BV character folder is found here:

C\Program Files\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\V001

Also, the number of tourist NPCs added is 48. (Someone is working on a clean hood templete over on MTS2.)

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=249166

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 09-17-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #102
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Thanks for the info Zirconia. Will incorporate that into my first post after I get the list of family members not to zip up, lol!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:22 AM   #103
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Just thought I would post a little "where am I now" update as to The Great September Re-Install.

Looooooooooooong story short, as of 8:34 PM today, I am offically back to the everything-up-to-Seasons (& it's 3rd Offical Patch) state.

I will most likey be adding Celebrations back into the mix tomorrow, but think I'm gonna hold off on H&M Fashions untill SimPE is updated. (I didn't realise just how much I missed that thing untill I was able to use it again! )

So far so good & I am happy to report no BFBVFS as of yet. (I actually think I might know what caused my problems with the 6 Downtown lots I was having, & so far they are playing nicely. )

One quicky question: by doing away with the G001 & G002 character files (after I let Riverblossom Hills boot up once), have I made it impossible to have the penguin in my other hoods? (I kinda thought he was fun to have around. )
Old 09-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #104
Miros1
Goddess for Life

The game should spawn a penguin when it wants one. There will just be a big pause for no apparent reasons, then the penguin will waddle onto the lot.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #105
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Yeah, we see penguins wandering by our house all the time down here in the subtropical swamp!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #106
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Okay he's strange, but I think he's pretty funny anyway. (I love the bizzare conversations he has with the Scare Crows & Snowmen on your lots

What can I say, I'm just a freaky person!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #107
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Yeah, we see penguins wandering by our house all the time down here in the subtropical swamp!
Well, you can just have your game jump past winter if you don't want penguins, snow men, snow angels, snowball fights, etc.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #108
Greg

Oh... sooner or later I'm sure I will care but for the moment I've very happy not having any kind of weather in my game.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #109
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

(I'm really enjoying the whole weather thing, myself! )

Question about the P001 (strays) folder; If I decide to do away with it- and keep the nostraysrespawn hack- can I still call up & adopt a pet via the "adoption pool" or not?

My "master plan" is to find a way to keep Cyd, Porthos & the Critturs (they make good test subjects) yet do away with the whole "abandoned pet" thing, but I don't want to screw anything thing up as far as freaking out the game engine or anything. (I've gone the "scorched earth" aproach with the other folders & am really enjoying the effects so far! )
Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #110
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yes, but only adult pets. That's why I'm trying to make the puppy/kitten mills work...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:24 AM   #111
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Oh phooey.

Well then, for now I'll just leave the P001 folder alone (it's the only one I haven't "scorched") & focus on adopting those wayward pets. At least they won't be respawning, anyway!

I suppose if I were carefull I could go through each hood with SimPE & do some stray pet removing, but I'm not 100% sure what all I would need to delete.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #112
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

(This is being posted October 22, 2007 so I didn't want to just add it to my earlier post)

Miros: Regarding the "BV Tourist" info (I know this is all theoretical as you don't yet have BV installed) will the 1st option allow the 3 pre-made Vacation Hoods to be available for placement, but still "clean" as far as the default Maxis families go? (I will have the AntiRedundancey mod + the Official Patch installed when I finally upgrade to BV.)

I usually follow the Scorched Earth instructions (after placing the sub-hood in question once) but since custom-made Vacation Destinations can't have the "Secret" Lots on them (unlike custom Universities) I am looking for a way to just use the pre-made Maxis Destinations, but still tap into my carefully collected set of replacement face/name templates. (I'm assuming that Vacation Families will be spawned when I visit the right lots, like the way Townies/Downtownies are in my other clean sub-hoods.)
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #113
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I'd do just the "no ugly vacationers" version of step i:
Quote:
i) Annoying tourists: (I haven't tried this because I don't have BV yet, and might never get it...) Note: The game will spawn quite a few replacement families, so there will be a lot of lag the first time your Sim(s) go on vacation. You may also want to get the antiredundancy hack to prevent constant spawning of Tour Guides and Charlatans.

Just prevent the tourists: Open up C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\V001. Zip up the Characters folder, then delete it.

Scorched earth approach: Open up C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\. Zip and delete the V001 folder.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #114
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Yes, it's me again! Got another dumb question:

If I were to just empty out the D001 Characters folder, (but keep the Downtown hood template in tact) will this cause any problems when it comes to the Gothier Greens Cemetery lot? It's the only lot to freak out if you try and package it, presumably because of the various ghost files. I'm just wondering if those ghost files are with the lot itself, or in the D001 Characters folder.

Also, I have successfully figured out who's who in the P001 Characters folder (including the phone-adoptable puppies & kittens) & have created a Notepad file that lists all 67 files both numerically & by type (NPC, phone pool, etc) which I am attaching here on the off chance anyone other than me cares about this kind of stuff!
Attached Files
File Type: txt P001 Charcter File List.txt (8.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #115
Miros1
Goddess for Life

OOH! I see adoptable puppies and kittens in my future! Thanks much!

I suspect that the Gothier Greens Cemetery would lose the gravestones and become packageable, but I've never tried it...
Old 01-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #116
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Just thought I would add this little "update" to say that selective zipping of the P001 character files works without BFBVFS!

I currently have done away with the NPCs & wandering stray P001 files & all my Pets-updated Hoods are 100% abandoned pet free yet have access to the Phone Adoption pets should I need them! Yippee!

I am keeping Cyd/Porthos & Danny/Sarah for my own bizarre purposes, but obviously one could zip them up too & just have a nice pre-made Phone Pool if they wanted...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #117
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Great news! I'll have to liberate my Pet Adoption Pool from the zip file! (And figure out how to add this to the first post...)
Old 01-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #118
Greg

I'm wondering about weather. Do the weather cycles happen in every neighborhood in a neighborhood? Do you have any control over what season it is?

I'm thinking that seasons could make a serious mess of trying to shoot pictures for a story.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #119
Miros1
Goddess for Life

It's controllable. There's an aspiration reward weather machine for home lots (I have one, but haven't messed with the weather with it), and I think you can just change the season at the neighborhood screen for community lots.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #120
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I've never found weather to be a problem picture-wise.

The actual "precipitations" (rain/snow) are rather short-lived & never really obscure your view or anything. Like Miros said, there is not only a Weather Machine (aspiration reward) that you can use if needed, but you can customize the 4 weather "quadrants" for each hood/sub-hood. For example, you could set a hood to all Summer & never have to deal with snow or leaves (or even much rain) at all if you wanted.

Also, whenever you switch to Buy or Build Modes any weather "accumulations" (leaves, puddles, hail, snow) disappear. There is also an option to turn off/on a cool little x-ray cursor that lets you see snow-covered stuff in live mode.